Overview: The administrative assistant provides administrative and support services to the Mosby Memorial Baptist Church in accordance with the needs of the pastor, lay leadership, ministries and membership.
- Serves as administrative assistant to the pastor and manages the operations of the church office.
- Assists with planning and coordinating meetings, new leader orientations, leadership forums and other meetings as deemed appropriate by the pastor.
- Keeps abreast of changes in church’s policies and procedures.
- Assists with seeking out educational opportunities, workshops, seminars and other learning platforms for ministerial staff, and church leadership.
- Provides clerical support to pastor, lay leadership, ministries, church membership and paid staff.
- Manages appointment schedules, communications with church members, managing phone and email communications and proactively assesses the functions of office resources and makes recommendations for modifications as appropriate.
- Assists pastor with annual planning and budget process to ensure that measurable goals identified by the finance ministry are in place and provides the means for tracking progress.
- Monitors the annual activities planning cycle and maintains church calendars.
- Works with technology ministry in website & social media management.
- Assists with the maintenance of church membership records.
- Provide facility support including scheduling facility usage, handling facility usage agreements and arrangements, informing trustees and building staff of access and set-up requirements.
- Point of contact for inclement weather incidents.
- Maintains records provided by ministries.
- Maintain church information boards.
- Manage communications with sick and shut in members.
- Possess a personal belief in the Lord Jesus Christ as Savior.
- Be in agreement with Mosby’s stated mission and vision.
- Possesses and exhibits the following skills: interpersonal, written and oral communication, cooperation/teaming to work with staff and lay leadership and with other members of the congregation, supervisory, organizational, time management, and record-keeping.
- Possesses a two-year or a four-year degree in a related field or minimum of five years’ experience in a similar environment.
- Is self-motivating and able to work with minimal direct supervision; is able to maintain confidentiality.
- Is willing to learn and work by the organizational priorities and systems as determined by the pastor.
Interested candidates should submit resume & cover letter to email@example.com.